Thursday, December 31, 2009

It was 6 o'clock

It was 6 o'clock in the morning
It was time to go to work
From the early morning brush to making the tea
You realize that you are just not free
It was time to finish the breakfast
Damn!! life in Mumbai is so fast

'Run' I said to myself as it was time to catch the bus
I didn't want to miss it so as to end up in a fuss
I got in the bus and went to the second last seat
Never understood why the drivers couldn't clean them and keep it neat
From Thane to Mulund check naka to Airoli
The bus stopped, break-ed and moved very slowly

It was time to stand in the line to get the laptop checked from the security guard
He made sure you had a valid company laptop and an i-card
I took the stairs to second floor
Made my way to the desk and checked the database server at offshore
Checked my emails to find documents on new developments
They always sent them in small increments
Complete the developments and check for quality
Attach a test case document to give onshore better clarity

Time to shut my Lenovo and go back home
Hit the gym to build a strong genome
Check the office mails for any urgent work
Thank god I have a better internet connection on my Airtel network
I see a mail from my manager that he will reduce resources and still wants new development in a week
Those words were enough to wake me up from my sleep

I realized I was dreaming
I looked at my watch and it was again 6 o'clock in the morning.

No comments: